Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hannah

We haven't had haircuts in quite a while. I haven't had mine cut since before we went out west and I trimmed the boys' hair earlier in the fall, but they haven't been to a salon in a while. Yesterday we decided to take everyone and have haircuts.

I took the children over early and had all the boys' hair cut and my own cut, then Chris met us there after he got off work to have his cut. I left to spend some time with Sarah, even though that didn't go so well because I was incredibly sick by that time and I ended up having to go home and go straight to bed. Anyway, while Chris was having his hair cut, Hannah stood there watching.

While the beautician was cutting his hair, Hannah looked up at her and said matter of factly, "Daddy has lice."

Of course you can imagine the reaction to that.

When I asked Hannah why she said that to the beautician, she said, "I just thought it was funny and wanted to see what would happen."

Today I had about an hour when I felt well enough to clean a little. I was trying to do all the dishes and I asked Hannah to wipe down the cabinets for me. She was standing there washing the cabinets and asked, "Is slavery still legal?"

Hmmmm.... I'm going to have to keep an eye on this verbose little thinker.

Sonya
www.thehomeschooladvocate.com

No comments: