Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looking for homeschoolers to complete an interview for my new book

I am so excited about the new book I’m writing! The focus of the book is stress-proof homeschooling. Sometimes I think it’s very ironic that the Lord has called me to write a book about reducing stress when I'm struggling through it daily! However, unlike many other products on the market, I have no intention of telling you “the right way” to homeschool. Instead, I'll be compiling the best insight, advice, suggestions, and interviews from dozens of homeschool families. That way, readers can pick and choose what will work in their own unique family environment. I learned long ago that one of the tricks of good parenting is to glean the best advice from many different sources and to evaluate my parenting on a regular basis so that I can make improvements as necessary.

I am currently looking for families who are willing to share a bit of their story, answer a few questions, offer some advice, or simply share an anecdote or two related to homeschooling. You do NOT have to be a perfect family to provide feedback for the book. Actually, if your homeschooling is more like The Three Stooges than Leave it to Beaver, then you’re just the person I’m looking for!! Actually, I’ll share stories from many different kinds of families, but I do encourage everyone to respond.

If you're willing to complete an interview, please e-mail me at sonya@sonyahaskins.com. I believe this book will be a real blessing to other families, particularly new homeschoolers. If you could please forward this request to all your homeschool friends, e-mail loops, digests, websites, blogs, etc., I would GREATLY appreciate it! I don’t usually ask for people to forward things, but most people do not take the time to reply and I’m going to need to reach literally hundreds of people (moms, dads, students, even previous homeschoolers) in order to get the responses that I’ll include in the book. I certainly don’t have all the answers. In this book, the best information from many different homeschoolers will be in one terrific resource!

Thank you for taking the time to read, post, forward, and answer this e-mail! The interviews are ready so as soon as I receive a request, I will forward that to you. If you’d like to read more about me or my family before you reply, visit www.thehomeschooladvocate.com or www.sonyahaskins.com. I will be accepting interviews until the end of February so please request one as soon as possible and forward this to your friends today.

I look forward to hearing from you and reading your stories!

Sincerely,
Sonya Haskins, author The Homeschooler’s Book of Lists

P.S. If you are a blogger, you are welcome to post this on your blog. I should have started these interviews over a month ago, but I deal with chronic health problems and I've been very sick again lately. I was in the hospital in December for a week and since then I've simply been trying to recover. The Lord has blessed me greatly by allowing me to write and it never ceases to amaze me that he allows me to do what I love, but it's funny to me that he has most recently called me to write this book about relieving stress in your homeschool household. I know I'll get it done because he has called me to do it, but I'm going to need some help finding families to interview. Thank you for posting this to your own blogs as well!

No comments: