Monday, November 3, 2008

The bra thingie

I'm sitting here watching news coverage of the presidential election and I found a particular commercial very interesting. It really has nothing to do with presidents or presidential elections, in my opinion, but nonetheless, the commercial ran in the middle of this coverage. The commercial is advertising a little plastic clip that you hook onto one side of your bra in the back and then pull the other side of your bra over so that it hooks together in the middle above the normal clasp.

Now there are many obvious reasons for this, but the main ones are: (1) you are wearing a tank top that comes together in the middle of your back and you don't want your bra to show, (2) your straps keep falling off your shoulders, and (3) your bra is sagging way down and this is a cheap, quick-fix to pull everything back up for a while longer.

I don't wear tank tops, but I definitely deal with issues two and three.

If any of you ladies reading this deal with any of the problems, let me give you a hint. The little plastic clips cost almost $20 for a pack of three! I've been fixing this problem for several years now by taking an old shoe string and tying my bra straps together in the back. A new shoe string costs less than $1.00, but you can usually find an old one laying around for free. Cut it into three sections and you have a pack of three bra fixy thingies for essentially nothing.

Now I'm back to watching the news to see if McCain has gained any points in the polls or if I notice any other unique little gadgets on which I can save you money.

Sonya : )

No comments: