Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting based on race

I would love to see the United States with its first black president. Actually, I would love to see the first Hispanic or Asian president, too, but come on people ... there are so many people voting during this election solely on the fact that Barack Obama is black that it is ridiculous. I just saw the results from Virginia and among white voters, there is not a huge discrepancy between who they voted for - Obama or McCain. Among black voters, however, 91% of them voted for Obama. So are they REALLY looking at the issues or are these voters simply voting for Obama because of his race? I'd say with percentages that far off, they are definitely voting for his race, which just makes me incredibly disillusioned with our country. Don't they get it?!? The man keeps preaching "change," but what kind of change is he planning to bring?

I guess it's too late to worry much more about it now since the votes will all be in within a few more hours. I am comforted only by the fact that no matter who wins:

God is still in control and no matter which leader he allows to become our next president, it will be for His glory.

Sonya

No comments: