Thursday, June 4, 2009

Osama / Usama / Obama

Ok, I haven't written in a while and I don't really have time to write a lot tonight, but I am so irritated at seeing how the media is so willingly changing wording and viewpoints to ensure that all the little sheep in our society blindly continue to follow the ignorant masses.

Before the election, discussions about Obama's religion were all concentrated on the fact that he was a member of a "Christian" church. Now granted, it was a Christian church with a WHOLE lot of problems, including black racial supremacy, racial prejudice against "white people," and basically a calling for every white person to pay back the poor supressed black peoples who lived in slavery for two hundred years. Well, I'm sorry, but my husband and I, my parents, my grandparents, my great-grandparents, and I seriously doubt that my great-great-great-great grandparents would have ever had the money to own slaves even if we did think it was ethical, which we didn't! There were many "white people" who actually helped bring about the freedom of black persons so I'm about tired of all the focus being on "black" or "white." These people who are doing the complaining weren't even slaves and it's highly doubtful that even their grandparents were. Now if you go back to 1865, yes, their great-grandparents probably were and I'm so sorry for that, but not because I did it or because my parents did it, but simply because I'm sorry to know that anyone has been oppressed at any point in time. I hate to say it, but lately I have to say that I'm feeling a bit oppressed myself. Does this entitle me to anything? No. Does anyone owe me an apology? No. Do we live in a sinful world where we should all work harder to love our neighbors as ourselves? Absolutely!

Another thing that's bugging me is that in 2001, there was much talk about Osama Bin Laden. EVERYONE spelled his name with an "O" and perhaps the accurate spelling should have a "U" and since I'm all for accuracy, it's great that we would correct that, but it seems strange to me that even as of last summer, when I saw reports of Osama Bin Laden, his name was STILL spelled with an "O"!!! We didn't change this until after the election of a president who could very well himself be a "Bin Laden" in disguise since suddenly his "Christianity" means nothing. He has resigned his membership from his Christian church and although the fact that he was raised a Muslim was seriously downplayed during the campaign, you hear about it almost EVERY day now from Obama's mouth. He wants to make sure that the world - including the American people - know that he was - AND IS - a MUSLIM! Yes, he understands them. Yes, he sympathizes with them. Yes, he likes them and continues to apologize them for all our "wrongs," but what about all we have done right? Did his Muslim training forget to include all the times American soldiers - Christian or otherwise - laid down their lives to save the lives of MUSLIMS?

But anyway, doesn't anyone else think it's strange that suddenly every news outlet in America is using the "U" for Osama instead of the "O"? I can just imagine a directive from the White House demanding that the spelling be changed so that Americans won't start thinking that Obama and Osama are the same person. After all, there is only ONE letter difference and a whole lot of similarites outside the name. And if you are really into conspiracy theories, my husband brought out another interesting point that while God is the Alpha and the Omega, Obama's (and Osama's, for that matter) name starts and ends with the exact opposite order as the Lord's - the Omega and the Alpha... It's something to think about anyway.

OK, there's my ranting for the evening. I'm so distressed that every time I go to read the news now, there is another news article about some idiotic thing Obama or Biden have done - releasing top secret military information, apologizing for something that no apology should have been given for, releasing murderers and terrorists because it's the "nice thing to do"... and so on.

There have been people in office with whom I haven't agreed in principle or on moral and social issues, but this is something that goes so much deeper than that. We have created such ignorant sheep in our nation that they don't even know that they are not really making their own decisions. They are simply believing whatever is being fed to them. I wish people would wake up and THINK for themselves! Look around you and see what is going on. Our country is falling apart. I pray that the Lord will have mercy upon us all.

Sonya

No comments: