Thursday, July 9, 2009

Perspective

I was playing Go To The Head Of The Class with the children this morning when Hannah (age 6) had the following question: "Who build the pyramids?"

She thought for a moment and said, "SLAVES!"

I said, "Well, that's actually right, but who TOLD them they had to do it?"

As if that was a ridiculously silly question, she said, "The Pharoahs of course."

The answer was actually "Egyptians," but I thought her answers were better anyway so she moved forward six desks! Meanwhile, by the end of the game, I had managed to answer seven or eight questions incorrectly and came in last place. I wondered why in the world I was homeschooling my children...

On the other hand, I could look at it from a positive perspective and consider the fact that I lost because I went to public school for 12 years and they beat me because they are homeschooled! Now how's that for a good outlook?!?

Sonya :)

No comments: